I like to think of the phrase “hot girl summer” like the phrase “bikini body.” If you own a bikini and you have a body, you have a bikini body, right? If it’s hot out and you’re a girl.. It’s a hot girl summer. So in the spirit of hot girl summer being right around the corner.. I’m sharing some of my summertime essentials! Let’s go!
Let’s start with summer self-care shall we? Here are my favs to stay feeling my best –
1. Sol De Janeiro’s Brazilian Bum Bum Cream – I’ve owned more jars of this than I’d like to admit. It’s like the creme de la creme of body moisturizers. The smell? Like a tropical vacation. The consistency? THICC, just the way we like. The application? Perfect. It rubs in so easily and doesn’t pill up (ew) if you rub it in too much. It’s like a tall glass of water for your legs and buns. Grab a jar here!
2. Supergoop! Glow Screen – In the summer months, I really prefer to NOT wear any face makeup. It just feels heavy and sweaty and gross on my skin. So instead, I wear this facial sunscreen. It has just enough glow/tint to make me feel “ready” but without the weight of makeup and with SPF 40. I used this all summer when we lived at the beach and I’ll be using it this summer too! Grab some here!
3. Isle of Paradise Tanning Drops – I really try my best not to let my face spend too much time in the sun. I had a questionable chunk of skin cut off my arm as a teen and skincare runs wild in my family (yay for being Scandinavian). But I also LOVE a good tan. There’s just something about it. So for the past several years I’ve been using IoP products to give myself that tan without the harmful rays. I use their water on my legs/body & the tanning drops on my face! This is one of those holy grail products that I refuse to give up. Both products (the water & the drops) are linked here!
4. Sun Bum Blonde Tone Enhancer – This product is kind of new to me, but I’m loving it and it’s so cheap ($12). Every blonde knows that keeping the yellow out of your hair is a never ending game. I love that this leave-in smells amazing, detangles my hair really well & helps keep the yellow away in between toning sessions. And did I mention it’s super affordable? I grabbed mine at Target! Linked here!
5. MixHers Hertime Daily – Wouldn’t it be nice if all the PMS nonsense and hormones could just leave us alone for the summer? A girl can dream, anyway. Hertime Daily is an all natural daily supplement that helps with hormonal acne, bloating, cramps, low energy & PMS related anxiety. It has been a game changer for me and I know I’m going to appreciate it that much more when summer is in full swing. Use my code BAILEYG for a discount on you order! Pro-tip : Raspberry Refresher & Strawberry Lemonade are the best flavors! Shop here!
Okay – next stop..
1. Birkenstock Eva – These are THE shoes. THE FREAKING SHOES. I bought my first pair of Eva’s in 2019 in a bubblegum pink color and wore them into the ground. Then I bought another pair (dark pink) in 2020 when we lived at the beach for 7 months and they were 100% my most worn shoe. I wore them in creeks, in sand, into the ocean tons of times, all over our little beach town, you name it. And then they vanished.. So, you know what I had to do. Buy another pair. this year’s pair is lavender and easily my favorite of the three pairs I’ve owned. My mom even has a matching pair this year! They are the best shoes for everything summer-related. There ar tons of colors available & my advice is to size down if you’re not sure! Shop here!
2. Amazon Sunnies – These $10 sunglasses have been by my side for over a year now and I still love them. They’re polarized and have held up so well. Available in a couple different colors too. Grab a pair here!
3. Freshly Picked Poppy Play Pack – This bag. Y’all. I know you know how much I love this little fanny pack. It’s the BEST color. Even if you aren’t a “red” person (I’m usually not big on red stuff) you’ll love it. It fits perfectly and just makes any outfit look happier. I love that I can wear it around my waist or across my body. I’ll be carrying all my kids nonsense (and 37 lip products) in it this summer! Grab one here!
4. Sundrenchd – My #1 absolute, favorite small shop to support. Everything Jordan makes is AMAZING. So much thought, creativity and hard work goes into her jewelry and I love supporting her brand. I wear at least 3 things from her shop every single day and none of my outfits ever feel completely without a stack of her art on my arm. Follow her on IG to find out about her current collections or shop here!
5. Folding Picnic Blanket – We have two that fold up, velcro together & have a strap to carry them. They make hanging out at the park, pool or beach so much more enjoyable & they’re super easy to wash. I grabbed this bright fruit one this year (also comes in other colors, under $20). I’ll link it here!
6. Iron°Flask Water Bottle – I haven’t gone a day without this since I bought it 6 months ago. I even bought the miniature version for my girls. It keeps water cold for a LONG time & it conveniently comes with three different style lids so you don’t have to buy separate lids for it if you prefer a certain style. Tons of sizes & colors, under $30 & free prime shipping! You can’t go wrong. Get one here!
Want to shop more of my favorite stuff? Want more outfit details? Head over to my liketoknow.it for more!
*As always – when you shop my links, I may earn a small commission on your purchase. I will not see any of your personal information and I never see who it is that makes the purchases. These commissions are how I’m able to continue creating fun content!