Starting a closet from scratch. Specifically a winter closet. And for less than one million dollars. Kidding. But in all seriousness, if I had NO winter clothes I liked or was just feeling the need to toss them all and start from scratch, these are the things I would absolutely buy. One thing I usually like to do is stick w/ all one neutral. I don’t choose bags, shoes, etc. in brown tones. Ever. I might in the future. But this mama is ballin’ on a budget. So, I always go black/grey/white/taupe. That way they all always work together and I don’t ever run into an “Oh no, this outfit doesn’t work with black shoes.” Because I buy all my clothing with black shoes in mind. It saves you money and frustration. You won’t need two pairs of boots, two bags etc. You can get away with the same ones over and over by just switching up the outfits. Remember, I’m writing this as if I have an empty closet. Not a single pair of sneakers, no jeans, nothing. So if you own any clothing whatsoever, which I think you do.. You likely already have some pieces that are a great alternative to some of these suggestions.
I went in-store today to try on a few sweaters I’ve been eyeing online. I found three really great sweaters that all come in soo many good colors. I’ll link them along with some outfit inspiration below. If you don’t currently have an AE connected account, I can send you a 20% coupon. But please remember to copy the code and then shop using my links (shameless plug). Just DM me and I’ll send it to you!
P.S. My photos are officially clickable now! You’re welcome! Haha.
Shop Here // This impossibly soft cable knit sweater definitely lives up to it’s name! Definitely the softest one I tried on. I’m wearing an XS here, and LOVE the fit, but could also size up to a small if I wanted it a little slouchier. I love that the sleeves are plenty long! I always run into problems with sweaters having short sleeves but not this one! Below is one way I would style it, but the options are endless with a sweater like this.
I love a good bargain. To a fault. Like.. I REALLY LOVE a good sale or a cheap dupe of something that’s pricy. But one place I refuse to cut corners, is with shoes. I will always spend the extra $ to get good quality shoes. So if you’re looking for a really good bargain on the boots, in this post, you may need to shop around a bit or wait for a good sale. But there are some in the $50 range (they’re currently on sale) and none of them are over $180. A good boot for anyone! They styles are all over the place, but so am I. I can think of a way to make all of these boots fit with the clothes that I currently own and so can you! I’ll even help a little w/ outfit inspo!
I’ve been asking what you all want to see more of on the blog & I’m finally going to start tackling those requests! One of the most requested topics is staple closet pieces. Things that are absolutely crucial for me to style outfits and get dressed w/o losing my mind. Staple pieces can be different for everyone but I also believe that even if everyone owned the same exact staple pieces, you would never know. These aren’t the “star of the show” items. They’re the parts of an outfit that don’t stand out but are crucial as a solid base for all the “fun” parts of an outfit that show your individual personality & style. This also means that these pieces are sometimes investment pieces & can be spendy. But they’ll last and are 100% worth the investment if you take good care of them and treat them like the MVP that they are. Invest in your closet and you’ll be that much more excited to get up, get dressed & get out, everyday. When you look good, you feel good.
A few more outfit ideas including some items I’ve shared recently. Saw something you love but not sure what you’d wear it with? I gotchuuu. Everthing is linked under e/ collage. Have a request? Just let me know!
This vest is 40% off, the oxfords are on sale for well under $90 & all the other items are on sale as well. Take. My. Money.
Abercrombie is currently having 30% of your entire purchase. This even applies to the items that are already marked down 50%. I went through and found all the best pieces that are 50% + 30% off and linked them below, along with their original/current prices. Get yourself some bargain clothes! Merry Christmas to yourself!
code for 30% off is 11750
Grey Waffle Leggings // Originally
$38 Now $13
Mock Neck Sweater // Originally
$68 Now $33 // available in 5 colors
Hooded Cardigan // Originally
$68 Now $33 // available in 3 colors
This sweater was also included in my Sweaters, sweaters & more sweaters. post
High-Rise Skinnies // Originally
$78 Now $27 // Also available in denim/blue options
Crew Sweater // Originally
$58 Now $20 // TONS of color options
I also shared this sweater in my Sweaters, sweaters & more sweaters. post
Cropped Velvet Cami // Originally
$28 Now $11 // also available in dark green
Tie Front Top // Originally
$38 Now $13 // 5 color options
This shirt was also in my Cyber Monday Cozy Casual Round-Up and it’s cheaper now!
Crew Neck Sweater // Originally
$58 Now $28 // Several color options
Marbled Ankle Jeans // Oiginally
$78 Now $27
I have been eyeing this pair of jeans for SO LONG and just might have to snag them up at this price. The lowest I’ve ever seen them go is $39!
There are TONS of other great pieces at Abercrombie and the 30% is good on your entire purchase. The items here are all items that have a double discount on them. For more of my favorite A&F pieces, check these other blog posts:
Cyber Monday is over, but AE still has 25-50% off online, including their new arrivals! So here are a few I’ve got my eye on, that you can expect to see on my feed soon! Please shop using the links in this blog post or through the LTK.it app.
1. ^^ This floral skirt-all has my heart. ADD. TO. CART. THNX.
2. ^^ This tie front top totally caught me off guard, but it would be GORGEOUS with an oversized cardigan and will work wonderfully in Spring all by itself. DOUBLE WIN.
3. ^^ I LOVE LOVE LOVE these tops for tucking into high-waisted jeans. I don’t normally gravitate toward floral prints, but I do love this one.
4. ^^ This flannel comes in SO many good color options & they’re all equally great for different reasons. Perfect for using in place of a cardigan or for the tied in a knot look. You can also size up and it will cover you butt in leggings!
5. ^^ This embroidered pull-over is so perfect. It also comes in solid options, w/o embroidery. I’ll link them below!
6. ^^ Here’s the solid version of #5, the embroidered pull-over.
7. ^^ THESE. JEANS. My heart. A staple pair, no doubt.
8. ^^ This cadigan has the perfect slouch, the perfect fringe & comes in this amazing color. All the things.
9. ^^ I’m always looking for tops that are comfy & simple like a t-shirt but that look nicer than a plain t-shirt. This button-front top achieves all those goals. Also available in cream.
10. ^^ I don’t think I’ve ever seen a cozier looking sweater. Ever. And I’m always down for some black & white stripes!
While creating my last blog post, I realized I needed an entire blog post dedicated to sweaters. So here’s a few I can’t get off my mind! Full disclosure – I will probably be adding to this list everyday for the next two weeks! I know that shopping through LTK takes some getting used to, but this is how I get paid for my hard work. Thanks for understanding & for supporting me! XO
1. This twist back comes in SO many colors and has the perfect neckline.
2. This knit is so dainty but not too girly. Check out all the colors here!
3. Loooove the poms and neckline of this one!
4. The perfect duster with pockets! Also comes in grey.
5. This is easily my favorite boucle cardigan I’ve found. The color & the length are perfection!
6. Slouchy waffle cardigans w/ giant buttons hold a special place in my heart. This one is no exception.
7. These stock photos are deceiving, but this sweater is so slouchy and perfect on AND is a huge hit this season!
8. Impossibly soft? Add to cart! Love this one!
9. SO many color choices, including some stripes! The best everyday sweater.
10. Love this comfy sweater. The perfect length for high-rise jeans!
11. If a hooded cardigan w/ pockets is on you list, this is the one to get!
12. This cardigan might be my favorite one so far. I love this fit and it’s all the best colors.
13. THIS is a staple closet piece. The kind you keep in your closet for years & years.
14. If you love the chenille trend, this one is a super great option!
15. Last but definitely not least. This chevron sweater is the perfect sweater for jeans!